Being Productive On A Snow Day


After having a snow day yesterday and now today, I know how being stuck inside all day doing absolutely nothing can make you want to rip your hair out. Although it's nice to be able to relax on a day off, being productive will keep you busy and keep your mind off the fact that you're stuck in a house. So grab a cup of coffee and get ready to work!

one // tackle your to-do list
This is probably the biggest one. My to-do list is never-ending; it always seems like I'm constantly adding more things to it. I usually don't have enough time to complete a lot of tasks all at once because of how busy I am. With a day off and nothing else to do, you'll have plenty of time to make a dent in your to-do list. Who knows, you may even end up completely crossing everything off the list!

two // do homework
This is definitely the one that I dread the most. Because everyone in my school has an iPad, my school has "virtual days" where the teachers give us assignments to complete on snow days. So it's like being at school. It was nice having virtual days last year because I didn't have to make up the snow days since we did work on them, but helllloooooo I'm a senior this year! I don't need to make up snow days because of that, so why am I still doing work?! Anyway, when people reach an extreme level of boredom, they usually turn to homework. Complete all of the homework you've been assigned. If you finish, get a head start on homework. This can involve studying for a test that's the next week, looking into the next chapter of a textbook, etc.

three // write blog posts
I used to be able to write all of my blog posts for the week every Sunday because that was always my "rest and relax" day. But now even my Sundays are busy! So I've unfortunately gotten into the habit of writing each blog post the night before it's supposed to go live. To save yourself time, devote a big chunk of your day to writing future blog posts. This will make sure that you can post every day, or however much you want to post. My goal is always to post every day, and I get discouraged when I don't have enough time to whip up a post. Writing a bunch of blog posts all at once will guarantee that won't happen!

four // get started on work
Have a virtual internship or even own your own business (like me!)? Do work for those! Most people have goals, tasks, or assignments they want to complete in an internship or job, so get started on those to give yourself some time later on. There are so many things that I would like to do to my business that I just don't have the time for right now. A snow day is the best time to do that because I have time to do whatever I want.

I'll be honest; on a snow day, it's going to be really hard to get yourself motivated at first. The snow will be peacefully falling, you'll be in pajamas, and you'll just want to lounge around all day and do nothing. But then after your snow day(s) when you have to go back to reality, you'll feel guilty about doing absolutely nothing! And then you'll start to feel stressed because you're suddenly swamped with so many things to do when you had all of that extra time to get some stuff done. That right there is motivation for me; knowing that if I don't do anything I'll be stressed and overwhelmed. And if you end up completing tasks, you'll still have time left over to relax! It's a win-win situation.

How do you make your snow day(s) productive?

No comments:

Post a Comment