What To Consider In Colleges


Now that I'm a senior in high school, the college search is even more important. There have been a number of factors I've looked into while touring colleges, and I felt that I should share them in case there are any other juniors or seniors who are doing the college search as well!

one // price
Price is probably the biggest factor. All of the schools I'm looking at are ridiculously expensive. I'm hoping to get some financial aid and scholarships! Price can either make or break a school. If money is a big problem, it might be better to choose the school that is the cheapest or gives the most financial aid.

two // distance
Distance is probably the next biggest factor for me. I don't want to leave New England because I want to be able to easily travel home if I need to, so I haven't even bothered to look at schools outside of New England. If you want to stay close, look at schools that are only a few hours away. However, if you want to go far, look wherever you'd like!

three // majors
This is obvious, but look at schools that have what you want to major in unless you're undecided! It would be best to look at schools that focus on your major or have a good program for it.

four // perks
I have been focusing a lot on the perks at each school I've been looking at. Some perks I've paid attention to are how nice the gym is for working out, if free rides are offered into the city, and any coffee shops that are nearby.

What are things you've been considering in colleges?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of these, I also think that health, safety, and security is something that is very important to consider when deciding where to apply, I know it's definitely helped me narrow down my choices.

    Lori,
    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete