Apps for the Working Girl


The older we get, the more tasks we start to take on. Not only do we get jobs, but we also participate in activities and organizations that require lots of organization.

Like every other girl my age, my iPhone has become super important to me. I'm constantly replying to emails, networking with people on Twitter, texting my friends, etc. However, there are some apps that I've come to realize are super important for any working girl to have.

one // Gmail
Most people have a Gmail account. I used to just use the regular Mail app on my phone and iPad, but then I decided to give the Gmail app a try. I fell in love with it! I love that you can have multiple accounts hooked up onto it at once and you get notifications for each email that comes in. I'm then able to reply to emails quickly and efficiently. It's also really easy to use! For some reason, my emails don't send in my school when I use the Mail app. However, when I use the Gmail app, they send right away, which is awesome.

two // Hootsuite
A lot of bloggers use Hootsuite to schedule posts on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook. I don't schedule any social media posts for my blog, but because I'm the manager of Undeniable's Twitter, I use Hootsuite every day to schedule tweets. If you have social media platforms that you would like to schedule posts on, Hootsuite is the way to go! It's super easy to use, and you can have multiple accounts hooked up to it.

three // Bitly
Whenever I use a link, I always use Bitly. Bitly takes a link and shortens it to make the link look cleaner and more organized. You can even customize the link URL to what you want. My favorite thing about Bitly is being able to track the links. It allows you to see how many times the link was clicked and when it was clicked, which is awesome for statistics! This is really helpful for when I tweet links to my blog posts because then I can see how many people clicked on the link in the tweet.

four // Twitter
Most people have a Twitter, but my Twitter app has three different accounts on it: my personal Twitter, my blog Twitter, and Undeniable's Twitter. I mostly use my blog Twitter and Undeniable's Twitter, so having the app easily allows me to reply to tweets and post tweets. I do a lot of networking on my blog Twitter, so that Twitter is the most important to me.

five // calendar
Each iPhone comes with the calendar app - so use it!!! Put any tasks, events, appointments, etc. that you may have into it. I don't use the calendar too much because I always have my agenda with me, but I love that it sends you alerts when you have an event for that day.

These are just five of many apps that have made my life ten times easier when it comes to handling my blog and Undeniable's Twitter. Society now mainly focuses on technology, so being up-to-date with it will really help you out in the long run!

Which apps do you think are perfect for the working girl?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fab idea for a post, I think you're so right about the Gmail app, I hate using anything else now!

    Great post lovely!

    Chloe x

    Chloe's Way

    ReplyDelete