Honors Night


In the middle of May each year, my school hosts an "Honors Night" for students who have excelled. The night includes the handing out of academic letters, scholarships, awards, etc. Not everyone gets one of these though, so my school hands out invitations to the people who are receiving something.

I received an academic letter for having above a 3.5 GPA, and I happened to receive a book award as well! Book awards are handed out to a select group of juniors. A book award consists of a scholarship to a college and a book. I got the book Silent Spring by Rachel Carson and a scholarship of $1,000/year to Chatham University in Pittsburgh if I decide to go there! I was selected for this book award for excelling in English and science and for caring about the environment.

I wore my favorite piece of Lilly clothing, the Delia dress in Lets Cha Cha, along with my silver Jacks. The next day, my AP English teacher told me she loved the dress! She also knew it was from Lilly ;)

Does your school have something similar to Honors Night?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! And I love the dress!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that your private school still has specific nights for these awards. It's great to recognize those that excel! I'm glad to know that quality education in private schools continues on.

    Chester Jones | http://www.pinewood.edu/page.cfm?p=2507

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty cool system. I've only seen a couple of schools do things like that before, so that's nice to see. Students should definitely be recognized for excelling and going above and beyond. Thiago | http://www.westoverschool.org/page.cfm?p=2

    ReplyDelete