Midterm Studying Tips

(Image found here.)

I've had midterms for the past two days, so I thought I would share my techniques on how to study. These tips have turned out successful for me, so hopefully they turn out successful for others too!

1. Get all of the study guides ahead of time. Don't wait until the last minute to finish them because then you'll feel overwhelmed and stressed. If you get them done ahead of time, you won't have anything to worry about.
2. Start studying right away. Once you finish all of your study guides, start studying. The information will build up if you start studying ahead of time instead of trying to cram a lot of information into your head the night before.
3. Ask your teacher about any questions you have. If you have any questions, ask them! Their job is to help you when you need it. My teachers have been great with helping me with the answers to questions that I don't know on the study guides. You'll understand the concepts more.
4. Get a good night's sleep. Make sure to get eight hours of sleep. Going to bed at 2am because of studying or waking up at 4am to study will not help you! It will just make you exhausted.
5. Stay away from distractions. This is a huge one. With texting and a million different social networks in the world, it's hard to stay concentrated. Don't text, and turn your phone off so you're not tempted to go on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. The less you're distracted, the quicker you'll be done with studying.
6. Have a good breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Having a good breakfast like cereal, toast, eggs, etc. will give you a lot of energy to help you stay focused during your exams.
7. Study with friends. Going to study groups can really help. You can help someone if they don't understand something that you do, and someone can help you if you don't understand something that they do. Also, you'll be more likely to remember information this way.

I hope I helped!

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking into private schools for my son. It seems like kids progress so much quicker in private schools. I want to ensure my son grasps onto knowledge like his father and mother. These are magnificent midterm studying tips by the way!
    http://olivetschool.ca/academics/

    ReplyDelete